posted 6 Jun 2011, 19:33 by Knuckles Sonic8
updated 6 Jun 2011, 19:36
Here's the official fact sheet for Rayman Origins, coming to Wii this holiday season!
Michel Ancel, celebrated creator of Rayman ®, Beyond Good & Evil ® and the Raving Rabbids ® returns to his roots to bring us Rayman ® Origins : a high-definition, 2D side-scrolling, platforming adventure in full 4-player co-op!Play Rayman Origins and discover or rediscover the magical universe and legendary 2D gameplaythat captured the hearts of millions of fans...When the Glade of Dreams is overrun by “nefurrious”Darktoons, the Fairy Council hastily invokes Rayman to save the day; but the hero of light isn’t quite all there…To help him, Rayman teams up with his best friend, Globox, and two crafty wizards, the Teensies. Together, the world’s most hilarious team of heroes will need to restore peace to the Glade or watch as their beloved home vanishes like a bad dream...Key Features
Product Specifications:Publisher: UBISOFTDeveloper: UBIart MontpellierShip Date: Holiday 2011Genre: Platformer, Action/AdventurePlatform: PlayStation®3 system, Xbox 360®, Wii™,Rating: ESRB E
- Rebirth of a Platforming Legend: It’s been 15 years since the first launch of Rayman. Rayman Origins brings back many of the classic characters, revived in their original 2D form, as well as a whole new world of characters and environments. Discover the roots of Rayman by collecting pieces of the Glade’s history, and assemblethemto reveal the truth behind Rayman’s origins.
- 4-Player, Jump-In/Jump-Out, Co-op Gameplay: Play as Rayman in the solo campaign, or have up to threefriends jump in at any time to play as Globox or as one of thetwoTeensies. Players can leave at any time without affecting the others’ progression.
- Unique Approach to 2D Art: A rich world with over 100 characters and 12 unique environments created by some of the VG’s most reputed artists and animators. This creative approach to 2D design will recapture the hearts of platformer fans and introduce a new generation to one of the industry’s best-loved characters in his original 2D form.
- A Vast Playground: Rayman Origins includes over 60 levelsof 2D platforming gameplay designed for all ages and playing styles. Unlock new abilities progressively and return toprevious levels to discover new paths and secrets.
- Variety of Gameplay: Rayman Origins is a platformer at its core, but it has elements of many game genres. Rayman, Globox and the Teensies gain unique abilities as they progress through the adventure, including swimming, diving and the sensational “HairlyCopter.” The game also features many elements of action, adventure and beat-’em-up gameplay.
- Epic Boss Fights: A giant pink monster withhundreds of eyes... A possessed, mountainous golem... An evil daisy-cum-carnivorous plant...Rayman Origins will put players to the test with these and many morechallenging boss battles!
- A Handful of Highly Talented Artists and Engineers: Rayman Origins wasdeveloped by theUBIartteam in Montpellier and is built on an open-source game engine—the UBIartFramework—designed by Michel Ancel to allow much smaller teams of artists and developers to produce incredibly high-quality graphics and gameplay quickly and efficiently. This garage-game approach has led to great strides in creativity and innovation.
© 2011 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Rayman, Rayman Origins, the character of Rayman, Ubisoft, Ubi.com, and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries.
"PlayStation" is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
KINECT, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies and are used under license from Microsoft.
Wii and Nintendo 3DS are trademarks of Nintendo. © 2011 Nintendo.