posted 5 Jun 2012, 11:20 by Billy White
updated 5 Jun 2012, 11:49
Here's one that Nintendo forgot to include in their E3 presentation today, Project P-100 (working title) - a brand new first party IP that was quietly unveiled with minimal fanfare after the show. Still, looks like it could be an interesting single player title, and better still - it's set for release around the launch window of the Wii U, on which it will be launched. Below is the initial press fact sheet, first screenshots and a trailer.
Strength in Numbers
Earth is under attack from an invasion of enormous aliens, and the only thing that can protect the planet is a group of unlikely, yet mighty, heroes with special abilities. Unfortunately, the aliens are too powerful for the heroes to fight individually. They must join forces and work together to defeat their common enemy. These uniquely different heroes can morph into powerful weapons to crush the invaders or turn into objects like a giant fist or bridge to interact with and traverse the environments.
- Players must explore each stage to find helpless citizens and recruit them to join their army of heroes. The more heroes you gather, the greater your Special Morph Powers will be.
- Players can use the Wii U GamePad’s touch screen to command heroes such as Bonzai Man, Vending Machine Man and even Toilet Bowl Man.
- Heroes can also morph into gelatin to guard themselves from enemy attacks.
- Players can also use the GamePad to explore areas unseen on the TV screen and solve puzzle elements.
- PlatinumGames, known for hit titles like Bayonetta and MadWorld, has partnered with Nintendo to apply its unique talent to the development of one of the first games for Wii U.