posted 5 Jun 2012, 15:10 by Billy White
If you're not following our Twitter profile
, you may have missed out on a few snippets of E3 related news that we haven't had time to write an entire article about. Alongside some other news, I thought I'd make this post to fill you in on a few details that haven't been given full coverage.
- Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed (right) has been officially confirmed for the Wii U, alongside Gaijin Games' Bit.Trip successor Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien.
- Select Wii U games that are available in stores will also be available to download onto the actual system via the eShop.
- Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Instant Video and YouTube have been named as future content providers for the Wii U - cementing the console as more than just a gaming machine.
- Two GamePads will be able to be hooked up to one console at once, alongside up to four Pro controllers (below) or standard Wii remote setups. Balance boards and most other existing Wii accessories are fully compatible.
- The Wii U GamePad will last 3-5 hours on a single charge and takes approximately 2.5 hours to charge back up. This can be done via the USB ports on the console.
- In a feature called "Panorama View", Wii U technology will provide gamers with the opportunity to move their GamePad away from their TV to get an extended, 360 degree view of what's happening on the big screen.
- The Wii U will be compatible with all existing video cables for the Wii, as well as HDMI output and AV multi out audio. The system will be 1080p and support six channel audio.
- Vague system specs have been unveiled, with the inner workings of the Wii U containing AMD Radeon graphics and an IBM multi-core processor, as well as having built in wi-fi and four USB ports.
- The system will once again make use of flash storage instead of a hard drive, although memory is expandable via SD cards or external USB storage.